The new house
It’s June and this month I visited the new house to see how it’s looks. The builders Redrow have finished the outside structure and and roof and next it will be rendered. It has solar panels on the back of the roof and will have an electric carpoint on in the double garage.
So, we won’t be moving in to the house for some months yet. This is due to Coronavirus which is slowing down the whole process. However, this gives me extra time to plan and design the new house though!
My bedroom scheme
My bedroom is on my mind and as we can’t paint the walls for around a year (new builds have to dry out for a long time). This means I have to be creative with colour and texture to bring it to life!
So, I’m after some curtains with both texture and colour and found the Runway fabrics by Prestigious have the look I want.
- Oro drum shade in navy and copper by MADE.com £32 https://www.made.com/oro-pendant-drum-lamp-shade-navy-and-copper
- Artwork “Relativity” by Scott Naismith from Wayfair https://www.wayfair.co.uk/home-decor/pdp/east-urban-home-relativity-by-scott-naismith-painting-print-on-canvas-caca3988.html
- Bourbon Vintage Bedside tablebpair in Blue by MADE.com £179 https://www.made.com/bourbon-vintage-set-of-2-compact-bedside-table-blue
- Runway Fabrics by Prestigious Textiles https://www.prestigious.co.uk/fabrics/runway Marilyn close up shown in “Dragonfly”
- Kiki Morrocan Wool Style Berber rug £329 https://www.made.com/kikki-moroccan-style-wool-berber-rug-large-160-x-230cm-off-white-blue
- Cory Bed by MADE.com in Saffron Yellow velvet superking www.MADE.com/Cory £949
- Baoli Throw by Alpen Home in Teal by Wayfair £32.99 https://www.wayfair.co.uk/textiles-bedding/pdp/alpen-home-baoli-throw-fous2014.html?piid=14191654
- Castele velvet dark green cushions with teal piping MADE.com https://www.made.com/castele-set-of-2-luxury-velvet-cushions-50x50cm-dark-green-with-teal-piping
I visited a bed showroom called Dreams today.
We need a new bed when we move. Because of this we would like to try something different out.
“Sleepmatch” is the service from Dreams. It assesses you when you lie on their special bed. It recommends mattress types and brands for you. The screen above the bed then shows you a 3D model of your body. It brings up recommendations that suit you both.
Tempur are the leading brand of mattresses and were originally developed by NASA. They mold to the shape of your body and the material does not allow bacteria to form in it. We both preferred the Tempur Sensation as its mattress and it has a medium firm support ideal for both of us.
Bed and soft furnishings
We have agreed on a saffron colour velvet bed which I’m after in a superking size if possible! These dark bedside tables will really set it off. The artwork brings together the colours for the bed and and curtains. It creates a focal point.
The throw adds more texture to the bed. I’m not keen on really colourful patterned bedding. I much prefer crisp white bedding then adding coloured cushions and throws. With my cushions I love velvet cushions in lots of sizes! I’ll mix and match a few old ones and new ones in different sizes. These dark green ones from MADE.com look lovely with the teal piping.
Curtains will need to be textured and bring colour into the room. This Marilyn fabric from Prestigious Textiles in “Dragonfly” colourway looks interesting. This fabric range references catwalk tweeds and boucles.
I’ll order a sample and see how it looks. Always order samples as you can not tell from a computer screen what something looks like in real life.
I’m after a double pinch pleat heading for the curtains which will be full length to the floor for extra impact. A Berber style rug complements the scheme.
Hi there – I use WordPress.
Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with? I’m planning to start my own blog in…
Hey there, Thanks very much for your comment, it made my day! I really appreciate you sharing it with your…
I constantly emailed this webpage post page to all my friends, since if like to read it afterward my links…
This article is a guest sponsored post on Luxury Interior Design in Country Luxe Style in conjunction with Juliettes Interiors